After 11 years working with middle schoolers, I have a trained eye for finding "graffiti." I almost have an intuitive feeling before I find these things. Granted, these are no middle schooler vulgarities. these are super-colorful and interesting walls and some even works of art.
I've gathered my top 20 spots, including addresses, so you can stop there and take pics too! All are no more than 15 mins from downtown Salt Lake.
Bonus? It's kind of fun to watch me change in various stages of pregnant in these pics since I've been pregnant 8 of the 11 months we have lived here.
1. Blue square wall on The Intermountain Guitar and Banjo 712 E 100 S
2. You Are Here wall on the back side of the Sorensen Multicultural Center 855 W. California
3. Book Wall behind the Hotel Monaco by the parking garage *technically private property 15W 200S
4. Bee Mural - The Honey Stop 1314 S 500 E
5. Car Door - 1300 S 400 E
6. Wavy pastel wall - behind Taco Time 810 S. State Street
7. Sugarhouse Mural - Highland and Wilmington
Photo cred: @lomogogo
8. Color block wall - Highland and Wilmington
Photo cred: Sandy A La Mode
9. Purple and lime green wall (there's a big stripe of green up higher) - Zaniac 1045 E 2100 S
Photo Cred: @Amdician
10. Aqua and Lime green door - Hip and Humble on 1043 E 900 S
Photo Cred: Sandy A La Mode
11. Pink wall- Sexy Blue Boutique 1051 S 300 W
12. Green and blue striped wall - Holiday Inn Express (back wall) 206 S West Temple
Photo Cred: @thekittchen
13. Cute doorway with pink doors. Most of the time there is a little red scooter parked out front and on the side of the building there is a little greenery arch between shop windows - 1310 S 300 E
14. Gold doors - 361 Main Street, Downtown
15. Multi color triangle "wall" (more of a large doorway) 1700 S and Main St
16. Racing pattern gray and white wall - John Kruger Auto 301 W 1600 S
17. Bright green and purple wall - 634 N 400 W
18. Camping mural wall on the side of Tanner Frames -18 E 800 S
Photo Cred @hallwaysrunways
19. Red Brick wall - Firehouse BBQ 565 E 2100 S
20. Eva's Bakery - 155 Main Street
So, have you seen these around? Which one is your favorite? Let me know if there is anything I missed or should add!